I can't even believe my name was drawn. In late June, I will be running 100 miles under 30 hours. This will be an event I can't wing -- I'm sure mental fortitude is critical but it can only take you so far before you fall over. I've got a lot to do!
I have to say though, I feel a little embarassed. Kendra did not get in, and she's a *real* runner who I would expect could finish in the top 5 if not top 3. (By the way Kendra, I'd love to know what your plans are for 2008. . . ) Joe and Chris, who have done other 100s and really deserved a spot did not get in either. Me, I have no business being entered. But in recognition of opportunity I have, I plan to give this my all and make sure I show up at the starting line in shape to succeed. It will be tough to base build over the next few months -- this morning Leanne and I ran 15 (she ran 18) in the snowy cold and it was pretty miserable in parts. But I can't make excuses -- I have a very long race to get ready for!!!
In non-running news, Ted and I went to the forest and cut down a tree today (with the proper permit). It was absolutely gorgeous -- we went to Lion Lake where Le Grizz finishes up. Unfortunately I forgot my camera but I'll post pictures of the tree once it's decorated. It's kinda BIG! Funny how your perspective changes when you're out in the woods surrounded by so many trees. . .



4 comments:
congratulations, you DO DESERVE to be in States. With that kind of attitude for sure ie, "giving it your all". oh, have fun to. that is why we do this right?
yes, it is a bummer that friends don't get in, but that is just what happens i guess.
have fun
Thanks for the kind note mtnrunr! It will be fun -- no question about it. Except for the parts where there's suffering, but those too will be fun in hindsight.
Danni! Johnny come lately here. Hell yeah you're a real runner and you're the ONLY darn gal from the state of MP, wherever that is! ;) So, rep-re-sent, 'cause it's coming on fast (oooh, you don't have one of those dizzying counters on your blog do you? I have to check! Those things make me totally nervous even when they're not counting down to something I'm doing!). I am glad one of the two of us got in, at least. Now I can live it through you!
Oh - my plans for 2008. I am still in the "can I afford to fly there for that?" stage. I will definitely be doing the White River 50 Mile, and before that maybe a few low-key others in Washington like Orcas Island Fat Ass and Chuckanut 50K's. I'd like to enter one other USATF championship (besides Le Grizz) too. Ciao, bella!
You know what's a USTAF championship? Tahoe Rim Trail is ;)
MP is my own little kingdom. I got one of those foreign entries ya know.
Post a Comment