Sunday, April 06, 2008

DARN CUTOFFS!


Yesterday I had hoped to run 30 miles, but due to horrible trail conditions (ice, snow etc.) things were very slow going. I wasted a ridiculous amount of time on this trail (officially called "Spur C" or "Cpur of Catan") where I ended up cutting my legs on all the razor sharp crusty snow as my leg fell through up to my knees. Who knew snow could make you bleed? There were some great dry spots though, and I had a nice time -- Iris ran 13 miles with me. I ended up with 26 miles before the dreaded cut-off. . . which was the time I had to leave to get home to get ready to be designated driver for girls night. I thought I had time to finish but when I checked my messages at the "aid station" (i.e. my car) I learned that we were leaving earlier than I had planned. I do want my gold star for being dd :) The upshot of it was I felt great after the 26 and was still able to dance the night away. And dance the night away I did -- we had so much fun.


(Back to running :p) I am definitely gaining endurance and strength. I did not feel physically different at the end of my run -- I felt about the same as when I started. I am not sore at all either. And obviously I'm feeling better after me week of annoying not-quite-sickness-but-something-buggin.


And now, for some pictures! Below, Iris and I had fun playing with our cameras. Oh, I suppose I might have had time for one more mile if we hadn't stopped to play, but what fun would that be?


Another Montana Moment: Iris and I are in the middle of the woods and what do we see but an abandoned refrigerator that appears to be used for target practice. Soon thereafter, Iris and I had to turn around due to gun shots. Although we decided the shots sounded like bb gun shots. Nonetheless, we weren't in the mood to be shot. Iris just took all this time off work with strep throat!!!



8 comments:

Iris said...

It was a good day. Sorry to hear you didn't have time for the last 4 miles. The trail conditions excuse you!
I had a nice gash on my shin as well from falling through the snow. I'll try to post my pictures later today.

Anonymous said...

Nice run Danni! Don't worry, you can add that 4 miles onto todays run. wink

I get the feeling like you describe(almost sick) a lot during peak training. I guess it's normal.

JR

Allison Chapple said...

Impressive as usual!

Danni said...

Iris I'll email you the rest of mine.

Thanks JR! I am going to go full boar (bore?) next week. I ran 8 miles today for 60 total. I'll be running next weekend in Oregon!

Hey there Mrs. Chapple!!!! Good to "see" ya.

Leanne said...

Glad to hear you got a nice long run in yesterday. Must be feeling better! I can't believe Iris ran with strep!!! Eeek! She must be feeling better too, then. We missed you this morning! Nothing too eventful to report. Talk to you later, gater.

Jenn said...

That second picture made Amp leave the room lol (I thought it was gorgeous!!).

That's so awesome that you aren't sore after the 26! I can't even imagine...your training is going great!!!

Olga said...

Danni, that sounds like a great run, kind of what I had today! And yes, I remember how my legs bled some 2 years ago in the same conditions, just a lot! I will see next Sunday, dear!

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't worry about the difference between 26 and 30 miles. You spent a lot of time on foot, and that's a good thing!

Cool you got to run with Iris!

Meghan