Isn't this a neat picture? Brad Lamson took it and the third one -- I believe Shane McMillen took the one below. These are from Swan Crest a couple weeks back.
So, I signed up for Western States. When I told Martin from Helena this today (he ran the Two Bear Marathon -- more on that below) he was laughing about my proclamations of "never again" and left me feeling that it is normal to recant. . . I also signed up for LeGrizz, and I'm hoping my fitness from this summer will be good enough to get me through. I haven't been running a whole lot. Nonetheless, I'm beating last year's time or bust.
I have joined "Crossfit" which is a strength and speed type type gym thingie. I'd love to get fit -- like be able to do more than just run slowly forever without stopping. I'd love to be able to do REAL pullups like Rooster!
This morning Ruth got second in her AG at the Two Bear, and Rebecca and Deb finished in good spirits despite constant rain and mud. Martin had a great race too. Julie won her AG in the half! I'm proud of these guys.
Speaking of proud, Cheryl rocked Ironman Wisconsin a couple weeks back. She's really improving on the bike and I honestly think she's Kona material.
I think that's sort of it in a nutshell. I've been busy.
Brad is pretty funny. In case you forgot who the stunning chica is I was running with it's Twila Moon.
5 comments:
great pictures!!! nice you signed up for states. i think you will really enjoy that race. are you doing the training camp??? i will again. bro will do his training with craig and knocking off 160-180 miles in 9 days near memorial day weekend again. maybe this next year we can get up to robinson flat on the first day.
really, great post and great pictures.
tom
Yeah for WS! My girlfriend who missed last year as well chose not to go...I was bummed and it's not even my race. :)
Awesome pictures, looks like fun.
My friend Kris is a crossfit junkie and I went with her once and it was a blast. If there was a CF gym near my house I know I would get addicted. I think you will love how it impacts your running.
Next year, I should definitely come to Swan Crest. It looks like my kind of event and hey - it's only 6 hours from Banff! Speaking of which, if you want some motivation just come and visit for a weekend and you'll be plenty inspired!
Leslie
Thanks Tom! Your brother is amazin. You WILL get your silver buckle I'm sure of it. If I can save the cash I will be at camp. Maybe this year it won't pour and I can get some heat training.
Ronda -- bummer your friend isn't going back. I know it's kind of soon and it might say more about my "rest" period but I've been really fast this week, even at a comfortable pace. I think I will be super happy with the results of Crossfit.
Leslie, I've been wanting to get to Banff. In part because I hear there's fondue at the big castle looking place. Plus it's so close. And, likewise, if you find yourself in need of a trip, come to the Flathead! (And we have plenty of room).
beautiful pics!and thank you for the kind words a few weeks back on my blog! i get so few comments/readers that i didn't see it until i went to post a new blog the other day. i've changed my mail settings now, but i wanted to thank you:)
Post a Comment