So, I've signed up for Diablo, a very tough 50 miler near San Francisco known for getting hot. I am told that it is a great training run for Western States, so I decided to run Diablo rather than Ice Age. I can't see going to Chicago/Wisconsin without taking the time to see all my friends, so I decided to save that one for next year and make it a goal race and take sufficient time off work to see everyone.
I had been planning on the Pacific Rim 24 hour, but Longview, Washington isn't where I thought it was and so rather than being a 5 hour drive it's a 9 hour drive. I must have been confusing it with the Yakima marathon or something. So, I'm not sure now. That's in March, and it would be a good endurance exercise and a good mental exercise and I think it would be fun. But I need Ted to come along and drive me home -- or else I will need to take an extra day off work. Hmmm. I'm not sure whether this will work. I should maybe look into the train.
My eating is a disaster lately so I need to get that in check. But with a very difficult 50 miler coming up in two months I feel more motivated than I felt before to get out the door. For some reason though I've just really been struggling. I think today I'll take my snowshoes out and see if I can't feel the love.
I took my snowshoes out and felt the love. Being outside alone in the woods is recharging. I need to remember that. The sun sure helped.
5 comments:
I really think it's hard to stay on course at this time of year - and that's in Michigan, not Montana. As awesome as snowy runs are, they're harder - I find that I get out there, but have a hard time making myself go as long as I should. So, I get what you're saying about struggling right now.
You'll get back on track, and you'll rock it!
I feel your pain with getting out the door, and we don't even have snow or sub-zero! It's dark, you have to pile clothes on, and it's cold for at least first 15 min. But you're right, once things are moving - life is clippin':)
i'm a cold weather wimp, so I'm duly impressed.
also, gorgeous scenery shots, especially that last one. do you just run with a camera in your pocket at all times?
Great job Danni. I am impressed. I can't even imagine having so much snow but those beautiful blue skies make me jealous.
Kate, I bring my camera if I know I'm going somewhere pretty or fun. It's an excuse to stop and rest. Also, it's all part of my evil plan to lure all my friends and family here for a visit or longer.
Post a Comment