Camp Report
the Devil's Thumb
Leslie and MeghanWARNING: this blog post is pretty lame and reflects how tired I still am. The formatting is all wonky and there's little content of interest. I'm sorry.
This past weekend I went to California for Western States training camp. I went to camp last year and had a lot of fun. This year was even funner! I had fun hanging out with friends and running and running and eating and all that and a bag of chips.
Monday night we (me and Leslie) stayed with Jennifer and Travis, who are so awesome and generous hosts, then I flew home early Tuesday. REALLY early. That wasn't so awesome!!!
Frankly, camp was one big blur. Such a great time and difficult to report on since I'm still a bit fatigued. All in all though I highly recommend camp to anyone who enjoys ultrarunning -- it's not just for people running the race!!!
4 comments:
Oooooo. I have a running, socializing, camping HANGOVER. But it's a good hangover. Did you really get groped by Gordy Ansleigh? Or was it just a good beard rub? I missed out on that!! :)
This weekend was awholeheckuvalottafun. Yep, it was that good. Thanks!!
That's exactly what I have. It's hard for me to perform basic tasks much less complicated ones like blogging :p
It was just a good beard rub :-) He's a seriously hilarious man.
Gordy always offers a good groping...I mean beard rub, and I always take advantage of it as well! Hey, the man is not only the Legend, he is also hot!
I am looking forward seeing you at Western, Danni, and you know, if you felt slow sweeping, it should give you confidence, right? Right.
It's a shame whoever took that picture of you and Gordy couldn't hold still. Maybe he should have put his burrito down and concentrated on what he was doing.
I bet he's sorry about that.
;-)
35 minutes up the Thumb is wicked cool.
Post a Comment