Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Run to Hot Springs, Montana

My friend Elisa, with whom I previously rode bikes to Hot Springs, decided she wanted to run to Hot Springs.  Just to see if she could do it.  She could obviously.  We ran from outside Kila to Hot Springs -- 38 miles total.  Next time we'll run from home which will make it closer to 60 miles :-)
My camera battery was uncooperative so I didn't get that many pictures.  It was a little dreary and cold -- windy at times -- but very pretty.
When we arrived in Hot Springs we enjoyed some soup and sandwiches at "Rainbow Zen Cafe" -- a cute little place run by a woman named LoHua (pr. lowa).  She also read my Tarot Cards.  Above all, we again soaked in the "second most healingest waters" which cured all that ails me.  I'm sure of it.

On the 26th I'm going to run Rim-to-Rim-to-Rim in the Grand Canyon with Meghan.  It was a last minute thing but sounds like good training for Susitna so I'm game.  I know it's going to hurt but I also know it will be a blast.  Maybe we can get Elisa to come.  Just to see if she can do it of course :-)

7 comments:

Meghan said...

Is that you in the last pic with the blue puffy on?

(Sounds like a killer run! And like you're gonna whip my buns next weekend. ;)

Karen said...

Sounds awesome! Where can I find some local friends that are willing to do stuff "just to see if they can do it"???

Ronda said...

Have a blast in the Canyon, it's great training for whatever. Even better it's epic. Enjoy!

Danni said...

No Meghan that's Elisa -- I am not that fit looking :p

I don't know Karen. I've been lucky.

Thanks Rhonda!!!

Danni said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Olga said...

GC is awesome at any time for anything!

Jill Homer said...

Yay Grand Canyon! It should be a breeze for you after Slickrock. Someone like me has to be extremely careful with a R2R2R because the entire trail is "runnable" and inspires the kind of enthusiasm that promises a world of hurt on unconditioned knees and feet. I had this thought when I was hiking North to South this year - "I'm glad I'm hiking this with my dad, because this looks like such a fun trail to run that there's no way I wouldn't show up to Slickrock halfway crippled if I were attempting this on my own."

Anyway ... have fun! I'm super excited we finally made Susitna official. It's gonna be a great winter.