Monday, October 08, 2007

BIG SKY AND BUTTE
or I survived


This weekend I was in Big Sky, which is a beautiful ski resort near Bozeman. It was the firm "retreat" which involved business talk and a lot of alcohol. I am hoping that I can detox by next weekend, which is Le Grizz. I didn't run all weekend and while the view outside my window was amazing (see below) I didn't really get to enjoy the surroundings. I do think I scraped through the weekend without totally humiliating myself though.


Perhaps the best part was that on the way home I was able to convince my boss to take me to Butte. After seeing the Daley Show special on Butte I needed to see the Berkley Pit for myself. And, for those of you not in the know, Butte has a very unique reputation in Montana and is sort of infamous. We also went to Pork Chop Johns where I had the oddest grilled cheese ever. But I enjoyed it very much.



Amusingly, we drove by this sign that said "Need People to Fight, No experience necessary, $50" or something along those lines. I took a picture but you can't read it so I won't bother posting it.

We also drove through Deer Lodge which is where the prison is, which prompted a vivid dream last night that I was in prison. Except my cell had beautiful wood parquet floors and a spa bathtub. Don't know what that means.

No comments: