Saturday, March 22, 2008

Time on my feet

Today there was no walking with purpose. Instead there was a whole lot of meandering, lollygagging, dawdling and relaxing. I did get 30 miles in, but I did not set any speed records :p I'm calling it a "time on my feet" run. I'm sure that has benefit. It was a beautiful day and I really enjoyed being outside. I wish I wasn't so tired at mile 30 -- I could have wandered around the valley all day. Well, I basically did, but I could have been out longer. Last night we watched "Into the Wild," which I really enjoyed (I personally relate to McCandless, only I would call my parents and plan better for my Alaskan adventure) so I downloaded the soundtrack. I listened to Long Night by Eddie Vedder about a millions times during my run. One of my bosses asked me to think about something in particular during my run (come up with ideas for something) but I never got to it. I was too busy spacing out and enjoying the perfect spring day. And thinking about the movie. I did take some pictures:

The Lone Pine Trail is mostly melted:

AHHHHHHHHHH SUN!
Our Flathead Valley
Me! Me! It's all about MEEEEEEEE!!!! :p
I did decide on a route for the Herron Hustle


Evidently this is where the deer cross:
This is so Montana. BONES AND BEER BABY!!!
WOAH -- I think that says it all




In case you haven't heard, the bears are pretty much awake now. I wonder if the "woah" sign is for the bears :p

4 comments:

Danni said...

You have had so many run-ins with wildlife -- I will never forget reading about your mamma grizzly and cub sighting -- then turning the corner out of sight. Me, I'm delighted to hear an owl. I don't see a whole lot. I guess that's good.

There's a total of about 5 miles of dry trail. I spent a lot of my "run" trying not to break my legs in snow.

Anonymous said...

That's what I'm talking about. For me seeing the Sun come up through the trees is usually enough for about 2 hours of effortless running.

You didn't just run 30 you ran 30 at the end of a big mileage week. Can't say that your winter time training isn't paying huge dividends. Great training danni!

Anonymous said...

Opps, that last one was from me! JR

Danni said...

Thanks for all the encouragement JR.