I finally made my own kombucha tea
Cheryl sent me a "mother" -- which is in my mutha's case a huge floppy disk with which you produce batches of kombucha tea. Here, below, is the final tea that has been. . . er. . . fermenting for 10 days.
Isn't it pretty? I've been buying this stuff at the store (GT's) and I like the "Gingerade" so I juiced my own ginger to add to the tea. Below is the ginger juice. First time I've used the juicer in quite some time. By the way, ginger juice also goes very well with rum and orange juice -- who knew?
Below are the final bottles of gingery kombucha. I ended up with 9 pints I believe. I left a little to start the next batch. I'm pretty excited. Thanks Cheryl for the mutha. Devon, whose link I added to the right, also makes her own kombucha. This batch is named "Devonbucha" since she won the Vermont 100.
The inside of my fridge. Everything I need. Kombucha, beer, grapeseed mayo, pickles and olives. And other stuff.
5 comments:
That is absolutely awesome that you named your first kombucha brew after me. I feel so honored! Glad that you had a successful brew, I just did 8 gallons day before yesterday!
Great job, Danni. Looks good. How does it taste? Have you tried it yet?
Mmmmn yum, Danni!
You need to have a kombucha party!
Meghan
It's great Cheryl! Thanks!
Meghan that's a hilarious idea.
Post a Comment