Thanks everyone for all the support both before and during my training. The love I feel for my friends and family is difficult for me to put into words, much less coherent words, but suffice it to say that I am well aware of how lucky I am and how super duper awesome said friends and family are.
Above is a picture of Cheryl and Chris, critical Western States team-Danni members, and I would say we had a great weekend regardless of the non-occurance of a race. We did run though. Just not 100 miles.
I will post more pictures later, and share more about my fun weekend, but I wanted to check in and send out a huge thank you. I think I am possibly more exhausted than I would have been had I run the race. We packed a lot into four days!
I'm thinking that I will attempt the Headlands 100 in the Marin Headlands in the Bay area as a substitute. I am not 100% sure though. I need to get to KCMO this summer as well and all this travelling is overwhelming physically, mentally, professionally and financially!!! But of course running comes first.
KIDDING!!!
3 comments:
I took a quick peek at your pictures. It looks like you had a great time! So glad and can't wait to hear all about it and your future plans.
I want to hear about your future plans, too. I want to know if you and I are going to run across each other at any races... ;)
Glad you had a fun weekend despite the circumstances.
Meghan
I don't know Meghan, what races are you doing? Maybe I'll add them to my future plans :p I looked at Burning River actually, since I know you're doing it. I signed up for Headlands though. I also thought about Grand Teton, which is near you, but I have to go to my parents in Kansas City that weekend.
Post a Comment