Friday, August 08, 2008

If you're going to San Francisco. . .


(photo from Headlands Hundred website)


Well, I don't have any flowers for my hair but I have a LOT of AccelGels, pairs of shoes and ginger candy. That's right folks, it's showtime. I got a really good night sleep last night (I slept from 10-8ish!) and am all packed and ready to rumble. I've been studying the course map and remembering to stay flexible, it will get better, it will be hard, it won't be that bad, smile. . . (I am reminded of The Jerk where Navin says "All I need is this thermos, this lamp and this chair, that's all I need. . . ")

Tonight I'm having dinner with Rachel, my friend who I didn't befriend until we were in France in 1995, even though we went to High School and college together. I was terrifed of her because she was so goth and scary looking with an evil glare. We were roomates for awhile and she was one of my lovely bridesmaids. Remember Rachel now? She was the tall one! Then she got married right before we moved out here and I haven't seen her since. I'm REALLY excited to see my pal Rachel!!! I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait!!!

Below is the link to the website. You can see if I make it to miles 50, 75 and the finish. The earliest I would make it to mile 50 is 7 p.m. -- I expect it will be later than that. But who knows. I really have no strategy except to stay ahead of cutoffs.

Don't worry about me though. I have so much support and love that no matter what happens I'll be feelin' good. With that I want to give a special shout-out to Anne Wright and Lucia, who are such supportive and awesome sisters-in-laws. And I'll be wearing my bracelet from Deb and Ruth so I can remember to dig deeper. And I'll be thinking about all my friends. I love you friends and family! I'm the luckiest girl ever!

7 comments:

Allison Chapple said...

I'll be thinking of you, Danni! Can't wait to hear how it goes!

Anonymous said...

You got the perfect attitude. Good luck Danni!

JR

Anonymous said...

Go git er dun, Danni! Wahoo. I'm going to be thinking of you tomorrow (and the next day ;)!

Anonymous said...

Ok Danni, I snuck a peek at the results and..... CONGRATULATIONS!

Wahoooooooo! Looking forward to hearing all about the gory details!

Meghan

PS. I got a report of you out on the trail and the report was that you were looking good!

Kate said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I was going to comment to say "good luck" but I'm too slow -you're finished already! Cannot wait to hear the play by play, where every step along the way sounds awful to me, and then you say, "in conclusion, it was fantastic!" : )
Amazing accomplishment.

R2J said...

Congrats you freak!!!!

So glad you got your 100 miler in after the Wildfires killed the last one.

Unknown said...

Congrats, girl!! Can't wait to hear how it went...