HOLIDAY IN BANFF
much to be thankful for!
Thursday morning Ted and I loaded up the car and drove to Banff, AB. The drive takes about 5 hours and is beautiful. It's only about an hour to the Canadian border (Port of Roosville) and then most of the drive goes through British Columbia. It's a lovely drive and very beautiful. We met up with our friends Erik and Krista, pictured below.
En route, we experienced some of the finer things Canada has to offer, like Tim Hortons:
and coffee crisps and dill pickle potato chips:
When we first arrived, I headed straight for the spa. The spa at the Fairmont Banff Springs hotel is incredible. Mineral pools, hot tubs, waterfall hottubs, sauna, smelly sauna, steam room, tea, fruit etc. I had a nice massage too -- although I don't think I have enough stress in my life to justify the luxury. We had cheese fondue for our Thanksgiving meal and went bowling. I'll leave the bowling pictures out. Our room was very nice, and below is the view outside our window when we woke up Friday morning:

One of the best parts of our trip to Banff was that Banfassador extraordinaire, Leslie, took me on a running tour of this amazin area. She is in the picture below. First, a word about Leslie. She is awesome. She is such a neat person and I hope to return and spend more time with her. And meet her husband. I really just can't get over what a warm, funny, cool chica she is, and how nice it was of her to take me on the Banfftrailtrash tour in 3 hours or less. Anyhow, I think she's just swell.

I took a lot of pictures but they didn't all turn out as awesome as it looked. Leslie above is looking at the frozen falls.
Above is our hotel, seen from the other side of the river which I believe is the Bow River. The Valley is the Bow Valley.

Isn't Banff beautious?

Here I am, happy as a clam. I think I was in heaven.

Leslie looks towards Banff in the valley below (above).

Blurry shot of us post-run in the lobby of the hotel. My hair froze solid into pippy-longstocking like chunks. Pretty funny.

One of the best parts of our trip to Banff was that Banfassador extraordinaire, Leslie, took me on a running tour of this amazin area. She is in the picture below. First, a word about Leslie. She is awesome. She is such a neat person and I hope to return and spend more time with her. And meet her husband. I really just can't get over what a warm, funny, cool chica she is, and how nice it was of her to take me on the Banfftrailtrash tour in 3 hours or less. Anyhow, I think she's just swell.

I took a lot of pictures but they didn't all turn out as awesome as it looked. Leslie above is looking at the frozen falls.
Above is our hotel, seen from the other side of the river which I believe is the Bow River. The Valley is the Bow Valley.
Isn't Banff beautious?

Here I am, happy as a clam. I think I was in heaven.

Leslie looks towards Banff in the valley below (above).

Blurry shot of us post-run in the lobby of the hotel. My hair froze solid into pippy-longstocking like chunks. Pretty funny.
That night we went to the German restaurant and I enjoyed braised cabbage, sauerkraut and spaetzle. Mmmmmm. And beer.

Those beers were big!

Those beers were big!
Anyhow, it was an awesome trip. The rest of my pictures are here
We definitely have much to be thankful for. Life here is just wonderful. It's our 2 year anniversary basically of our new life and it just gets better and better. I'm thankful for new friends and even newer friends. I miss and love my old friends and family too and am thankful for their support in our lives. Life is good!

5 comments:
Hi Danni!
Glad you had a good time with Leslie, and visiting our town. Looking forward to meeting you on your next visit up (now that you know how easy it is to get here!)
Keith
What a fabulous trip! Glad you enjoyed it so much. I hope to get to Banff too, sooner rather than later.
I'll ask you for info!
Sam
Hi Danni,
Wow. What beautiful pics. SR and I are sitting here jealous. Denmark may be foreign, but it is also flat.
A couple other good songs came to mind that perhaps you'll enjoy having on your playlist:
1. Think I Wanna Die by Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin
2. Auctioneer by The Broken West
Hiya Danni!
Whaaaat?! I swear I commented last week! Thanks again for the fun run! It was great to meet you. I predict future running adventures together....
Love that last picture of you, was that perhaps after you consumed that giant stein o' beer?? Good times-good times.
Leslie
Holy cow that is a big stein of beer!
Wowowowow it looks like you had a great long weekend! Oh and I'm so jealous that you got to hang with Leslie, and Leslie got to hang with you!
Meghan
Post a Comment