WE'RE GOING TO CANADA EH?
I'm very excited to report that we're going to Banff for Thanksgiving. Erik and Krista were planning to go and they invited us to join them (that's my story and I'm sticking to it!) The best part is that we're going to stay in Leslie and Keith's cottage while we're there (pictured below). Their servants will give Krista and me massages and serve us cheese fondue and bartend all the while. I'm so excited. I'd be interested in any suggestions for short-ish adventures that can be had before the rest of my gang awakens. And I'd be interested in a run-in with the local (trail) trash eh. I love vacations! Yay us!
11 comments:
Wow, beautiful! Have a great time. Isn't the Candian Death Race held somewhere around there?
Lucky you! Beautiful place.Hope you get some time on the snow shoes.
Hello. Kate and Joe Marzo are friends of mine from law school and I ended up on your blog from theirs. My husband I and have been living in Calgary since June (staying through December) and have spent a lot of time in Banff. We were in the mountains last weekend and it was all rather wintry (especially in Lake Louise and north) and it snowed here today, so you're likely to have winter conditions (think snow shoes, boots with good tread, and long underwear). Some of the ski resorts are just opening if you're into skiing. Also, it's worth a drive up to Lake Louise, although the road up to Morraine Lake is now closed. And of course, there's always high tea in the afternoon, massages, etc. . . .
Yaaaay! Sooo exciting! I fully expect a date.
Too bad my personal castle man slave is away for Thanksgiving, but hey, there is always room at the castle for new friends. I have Fri-Sat-Sun off. When are you coming? Drop me a note!
lesinbanff@hotmail.com
OOOOps. Manslave no loggy-off. That comment was from me!
Leslie of Banff
Wow - I am so excited for you guys - I have always wanted to go to Banff and stay in that cottage!
Wow - I am so excited for you guys - I have always wanted to go to Banff and stay in that cottage!
Oooh, I hadn't heard of that race yet. It's about 6 hours north of Banff I think, but people out here consider that a short drive.
Hi Iris!
Thanks Emily for the tips. I definitely want to see Lake Louise. I'll pack for winter. We've been having weirdly warm weather here so it will shock me into winter finally!
Leslie of Banff -- I am emailing you! Thanks!
Anne, this seems like a place you would love. You and Paul should come out here and we'll take you up there!
Danni...I'm so sorry I won't be at the Castle to meet you...have fun with Leslie while I'm off on a cross continent quest for a true American Thanksgiving Turkey Eating Extravaganza!
Next time!
Keith
HOW FUN! I wanna go, too!
Have a blast - can't wait to hear all about it!!
Sarah(PCTR)
Is this a real castle?? I wanna go too!
Post a Comment