Getting Antsy
First of all, is that a cute hat or what? Deanne, Chris' wife, made it for me. I'm so excited to have my own cute hand-knit hat. And it's absolutely perfect for summer mornings/nights around here. And, it worked well for yesterday's heat training session. I had to drive the car to pick up the CSA veggies so I wore long pants, a fleece and a hat -- and turned the seat warmer and heat on. It was pretty miserable.
Leanne and I marked the Herron Hustle course and I left my fleece on as long as I could stand to. I am awful at this approach to heat training. Even when it's plain hot your skin gets to breath air. I think that Saturday-Tuesday I will do hour long sessions in the sauna in effort to cram in some last minute heat training. I'll suck it up and make time to go to the gym. I'm beginning to get afraid that I'm setting myself up for disaster by forgetting some critical preparation. What I'm really most afraid of, I realize, is letting myself down. I think that's what these adventures really come down to, aside from the fact that they're mostly fun. I challenge myself to see what I'm really made of. Which is a little perverted since I consider myself to be, at least, strong enough to get through life without drama and chaos. I've endured things much tougher than a really long run. And, I did this before (100 miles), so what must I prove to myself this time??? I'm not too sure. What I do know is that I just can't let myself down.
Back to being antsy: I am pretty consumed by picking out my outfit. It's down to this: Pabst Blue Ribbon tank top, wool 1 patagucchi (peachy colored) or Headlands 100 shirt? Tough decisions.
4 comments:
I'm super excited for your race. :-) You will do GREAT!!!! I vote Pabst Blue Ribbon. And for a fuel belt, you should wear one of those stadium hats with the beer holders on it. :-)
JPK
PBR, fo sho :)
Good luck, Danni, I'm excited for you!!!
I just want to know who that cute dog is - notice the strong resemblance to Lola and Trixie??
We're rooting for you here in NJ, I don't think you have anything to worry about - especially letting yourself down! P.S. I don't know #$#@ about running, but I'd save the stadium hat for after the run....
I'm sure you'll come through with grace and humor, and that seems like it should be quite enough! You'll have so much fun too!
I'm so excited for you!
Cynthia
Post a Comment