Tuesday, November 03, 2009

WARM UP AND A DO-OVER

They don't go with the topic but I'm posting a couple Halloween pictures. Leslie and Keith came and Keith won best costume for sure with his Mountie costume. Leslie was a Parks Canada person, and for some reason the only other picture I have of her costume is still on my phone.


I did well eating Paleo M-R, but Friday night for dinner I sneaked in wine, beer and a cupcake. Not the end of the world, but Saturday was full-on unhealthy, regardless of your dietary preferences. I ate LOTS of kinda gross food, some really good food, and drank a lot of beer. It was an excellent reminder that if I'm going to eat less healthful foods, I should make them count. Sunday I was craving Kraft Dinner (the exotic version of boxed mac & cheese, which Keith and Leslie brought from Canadia), so I ate it. Lesson #2, when a craving strikes, probably a small amount will suffice. By the time I polished off the box I was not enjoying it and felt uncomfortable. But anyhow, I'm back on the wagon as of yesterday and am going to make a solid effort through Thanksgiving. My friend Chris gave me some great information on Paleo and I feel a little more behind some of the principles and selectively ignoring some of the Paleo principles. The main one I can get behind is de-glutening my diet and, of course, cutting the junk. For the sake of keeping myself in line I am not drinking before Thanksgiving. I am going to cut dairy until Thanksgiving, but not because I'm convinced its a terribly valid restriction from a health standpoint. Not saying I'm any expert or even that knowledgeable about nutrition, but frankly I trust Cheryl and Chris the most and will pretty much do what they suggest :p
As of today my weight is UP a couple pounds, but it's water and will proabably take me until Friday to de-bloat. Again, the weekend binge thing seems *not* worthwhile on a weekly basis since it's obviously what prevents me from becoming the mean lean running/Cross-fitting machine of my dreams :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG Keith looks so awesome! So, Leslie was going to be a naughty Parks Canada girl, she doesn't look too naughty in that one photo, though. :) When Keith visited just a few days before your Halloween party, he was SO excited to show up and impress you with his costume. He was all little kid candy store excited, so cute!

Happy day!
Meghan