Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Melt and Freeze

It has been warmish (above freezing) during the day and below freezing at night -- so everything melts and then freezes into slickery ice. I have taken a few falls, but this morning Leanne took a spill that required 4 stitches at urgent care!!! Poor Leanne!!!

3 comments:

Iris said...

Yikes, I hope Leanne feels ok. Be careful out there on your morning runs!

Kendra Ralstin said...

Eek, poor Leanne! I really hate this footing and I don't know if I'm just being a baby... but it does, it like melts during the day into weird shapes and then flash freezes into ankle twisters or sheer black ice. It seems like other footing I whined about always seems preferable to whatever the current footing is I'm whining about. Not that you were whining. You weren't. Good job on your 23 miler and 65 mile week! Wow! Wow!

Anonymous said...

Oh, it's like that here, too! But the slippery stuff is so worth the warm days that create it. Or, at least, that's coming from one who hasn't (yet) visited the ER for a fall (But! I have fallen!).

Your training is really ramping up! Good for you, and I look forward to seeing where you go with it.

Meghan