Friday, January 08, 2010

January is the virtuous eating month
Though that is a beer growler behind the new kitchen gadget as well as our wine aerator, which has boosted our cheap wine drinking into a whole new dimension.
At least for me it is. My parents got us (by way of geneous gift certificate) the above kitchen gadget for Christmas. It's a mandoline (sp?) and juliennes, slices, crinkle cuts and all that fun stuff. I've been wanting one forever but Ted is firmly against extra kitchen gadgets. This one seems like such a basic and wonderful item, I finally won and got one.

I used it over lunch for the first time and made this zucchini pasta. I julienned the zucchini so it looks like linguini, sauteed it with red onion, garlic, mushrooms and shrimp, and tossed with spaghetti sauce. The whole thing was 5ish Weight Watcher points, and would be less if you used less olive oil. It's also nearly "Paleo" and would be strictly "Paleo" if you weren't lazy like I am using Ragu.

6 comments:

Leslie said...

That looks yummy!!

lucia said...

That looks so yummy! I've had one of those gadgets for about 5 years and am afraid of it - seriously afraid - I've never taken it out ot the box! Now maybe I will!
Much love - Lucia

Leslie's Keith said...

Watch Your Fingertips!

Drs. Cynthia and David said...

Thanks for the food porn. That looks delicious!

Good luck with your upcoming Grand Canyon adventure. Sounds awesome. I have more and more respect for people who take time off and aren't afraid to get a little out of shape. Even injured I can't seem to do it, though I might have avoided a lot of trouble if I had. Though the plantar fasciitis is slowly getting better...

Cynthia

Joanna said...

I'm jealous - I want a mandoline too!

Danni said...

Well, Cynthia, somewhere between you and me is probably a better balance!

Lucia you should use yours!!!

Joanna you should get one. Maybe your birthday :p

Yes Keith I'll be careful :x