First Ultra of 2010 Tomorrow!
I have impulsively decided to run the Spokane River Run 50k tomorrow since I know some others who are driving over to do this race and I can tag along. Every year I want to do this race and then I forget or am too lazy to make the trip.
This will be an interesting experiment since I haven't been running a whole lot. I am unsure how this will go. I think it's two 25k loops, so if it's a disaster and I know it soon enough I can bail half way. But I'm optimistic that I will have some sort of endurance-memory. I don't really know what a reasonable goal is for this race since I haven't been running, so I'm going to set a somewhat agressive goal and try to run sub-6 hours. Plus, I will be the last one finishing among the guys I'm riding over with so hopefully the motivation of not having people wait around for me all day will help me run faster.
Another interesting experiment is that I plan to use a totally new fueling approach and use coffee flavored beverage during the race. Since I don't really run much any more I haven't had the need/opportunity to test it out. I'm sure it will be fine -- I think race day is a FUN time to try new things.
The final interesting experiment will be to see if I can even remember what I need to pack for an ultra.
5 comments:
Good luck!!! I think it's cool that you'll jump into a race like that :).
Good luck tomorrow Danni! I bet you kick a$$!
Good luck and have fun - looking forward to the report!
You are hilarious! I had to make sure I was reading your blog and not my own, circa early 2009, lol! I hope it went really well and that you had a great time!
Ooooo! F.O.M.O! And all single track! Even if it's flat-ish, I'm still envious. Hope you had a great weekend with Da Boyz.
Post a Comment