Where are the plows?
It's that time of year folks -- the workers are plowing Going to the Sun Road in Glacier National Park. You can track their progress here. Their progress is frequently hindered by snow storms and avalanches, but the worker bees dutifully keep plowing best they are able.
There's a period of time where the road is closed to cars but is open to cyclists and foot traffic. Biking in the park in the springtime is really great, especially on a sunny day. Below is a picture from a few years ago when my friend Cat (who moved to Hawaii, boo hoo) and I biked to Avalanche Campground (which it appears will be cleared very soon!) and hiked to Avalanche Lake. I am anxious to get back there.

I have spring fever!
1 comment:
Spring Fever is Rampant !(meanwhile, our ski hills are still open and full of the best snow of the season...!) But as soon as that yellow ball in the sky warms my skin, all I want to do is run, ride, and wear way less layers!
The cure might have to be an exporatory trip up the road to see how the plows are doing? Order the big yellow ball in the sky please!
Keith
Post a Comment