GRAND CANYON

Last Thursday my friends Cheryl, Jenn and Jennifer joined me for a frolick in the Grand Canyon.

We ran down the South Kaibab trail, through Phantom Ranch to Ribbon Falls and back up the Bright Angel trail. We actually hiked more than ran -- completing somewhere in the 30 mile range -- and did it in a reasonable length of time considering our extroardinarily plentiful and leisurely breaks.

I think January is a good time to go though there is definitely snow. The South Rim trails are packed but we were told the North Rim would be impossibly snowy for us. There were reports of waist high snow 5 miles from hte North Rim. So really, a R2R2R was out of the question for us and we decided to just have fun and have a good day.

I will post more of a report when I settle down enough to organize my thoughts into coherent sentences. The upshot of it was that this was a sweet adventure. I had so much fun and am sort of feeling the post-awesome-time malaise that sets in after doing something really fabulous.
4 comments:
Aww, so beautiful in the snow...
Looks like a great time! I would love to do that one day :).
Looks beautiful . . . looking forward to the full report!
Fabulous! It will be great to read the whole post. This is a run that should be in my future.
Post a Comment